Wednesday, December 7, 2016

En Provence

First project (that’s new);  lots of old ones in various stages, and 4/5 Christmas ones I don’t want to reveal due to being presents. 


So the new project is Bonnie Hunter’s mystery, En Provence. Love the photos of France and the awaiting entrance. But I am not a purple or lilac girl, not now, not ever.   And it is supposed to be scrappy and my house is country colors, so I pulled my Thimbleberries box out. Yes, lots of fabrics there, dark and medium blue, reds, greens, and golds. I can’t wait to use more of them. 


En Provence  link to Bonnie Hunter's instructions

And the neutrals I have 2 yard pieces of beige, one more tan and a light soft weave. I like Bonnie’s idea of “controlled” scrappy, so I thought I would go with it.  It is hard to see the colors.  








First step:   4 patches: 3 and a half inches.  For  87 inch quilt, 221 are needed. I am starting with half.  ( You can always make more.)  100 made.





The new post came out for the second clue.  I need to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment