Monday, May 21, 2018

Spring Retreat


OH, how I love to go on my quilting retreat with my guild.  A weekend spent of sewing and sharing and eating and so on.  We all travel to a church camp which is on a lake.  And I just can't get over being by water.  From morning to night I love staring at the waves, or the clear reflections, or the sun as it dances across it.  
Her is the morning mist photo. A great way to start with an ethereal quality provided by the softness of the fog and clouds. 

Next are all the lovely projects that I admired from other quilters.
This one is for her up north cottage that has all kinds of musky lures. So bright and cute.

The next one is a superbly pieced modern one of all half square triangles from a charm pack.

This one is maybe 7 inches square, but so beautiful. This friend always makes art quilts with great detail. She and her daughter play with color and threads and fabric making scenes.

This is a Kim Schaefer kit started with a panel of the animals trimmed up. There were more borders and sashing to be added. Great fabrics those black and whites!

Here was a great small wall hanging. I just loved the border and how it set it off. 



And this is a Timeless Treasures panel in the center that looked!  Even up close. The borders were so neat. 

And all good things must come to an end: here is the sunset on the water.

I will post my progress on projects tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had beautiful weather for your retreat. I also was on retreat this past weekend. It rained for 3 days straight until Sunday when the sun popped out, heated the air and provided an abundance of mugginess! Luckily we were quilting indoors so we could view the weather but didn't have to participate unless we went shopping. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect spot for a retreat, love water views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd get much sewing done with that view. It looks like you were productive, though!

    ReplyDelete