Sunday, October 14, 2018

Halloween start

Creative juices flowing.   I am in charge of our guild's Row by Row this year.  My goal was to include more people and levels of sewers. I think I doubled the number of entrants. And I have been preparing samples for them.

My row by row is  Halloween themed .  Of course, I already had the inspiration sample done from last year. And I had a box of fabrics ready to create with. 

So I wanted an easy row for the beginners.  I found a wonderful video by Nancy Ziemen on Trusty Triangles. She had beautiful aquas, greens and blues and made 6 inch triangles to make this row. 
I made it using my Halloween fabrics.

Then I started with the oranges to make some pumpkins. ( The witch row is in the background.)
Progress. 

This will not be completed for Halloween; and you will see additional rows all of this next year.


But what I am thrilled to get done is this mini quilt to donate for an infant.  I had leftover blocks from my grandson's quilt and added a few more for the 9 patch of them.  I did finish the top at retreat in mid September.  I gave it to a friend who added the back and quilted it.  


I love her geometric choice for the quilting


And the back looks great being gray and white. My binding which was this weekend's project has a nice gray stripe with bright colors.  It took a whole movie to get it hand sewn. 


1 comment:

  1. What a nice baby quilt. Somebody will feel greatful for that! Love the Halloween play that's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete