Sunday, November 25, 2018

Over the river...

I have not posted my progress on this in some time. My Crabapple Hill project is into its 3rd year of work and sits next to the couch.

This is the second of three panels. The last one being only the word panel. 


Almost done! And appropriately, during the holidays. Over the River and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go!
I have the entire center and right side completed. 

Close up!


And I was so blessed to have family together for a Thanksgiving meal: only my daughter in law was working at the hospital.
And thanks to my daughter for a great camera and apple pie. 
Image may contain: 7 people, including Gary Huber, Debbie Beckley Huber and Sarah Huber, people smiling, people sitting
Happy  holidays!

11 comments:

  1. I had thought about getting that pattern and had a different one instead. This is a nice pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to work on one of these quilts....but for now I'll just admire yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embroidery... the big tree is done! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery is very pretty. I love long term projects like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are sooo close!!!

    i spent the morning trimming my summer version of Over the River - so nerve-racking!!! after stitching on it for months and months i put it away for a looong time cuz trimming was next and i am always so afraid that i'm gonna mess up ... but now that it's done and it's okay, i am so RELIEVED...

    p.s. - happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on Over the River, I like having a long term stitching project on hand. Lovely family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love your appliqued tea towels that caught my eye in a former post.
    I'm a Crabapple Hill Design fan and have worked many of their designs. Shiny and Brite will be on my wall next week. I have the OVer the River in my box waiting patiently. I love your stitching and isn't it just the best way to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I missed your tea towel post. They are so cute. Congrats! on your husbands retirement. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. We had a houseful of out of town family here and it was great. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice family photo and exciting you're making headway on your long timey project. I've got one tucked away so far, I know it's somewhere, but not where. One of these days I'll go digging and finish it...hopefully, lol. Did you get a new camera along with the apple pie from your daughter? Happy Belated Thanksgiving
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me popping round as I make my blog rounds. Hoping things are going well for you and yours.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  11. Out making my blog rounds, popping in to say hi, and hoping you're doing well.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete