Friday, February 1, 2019

Tree skirt put together!

I
We are still reeling from the ultra cold temperatures.  Mid morning it was still 25 below without chill factor.  But as the sun was up, our birds and squirrels still joined us. We  have a pair of cardinals and squirrels that come ever day as well as some chickadees, wood peckers, and sometimes mourning doves. I haven't been out of the house since Tuesday afternoon. And now my car is having a fit; tire pressure needed to be increased to normal and now either the battery or the starter is on strike.  I had a personal driver this morning: my DH.


But I did get this tree skirt together FINALLY!  I have been avoiding it like the plague and had a mental block for the next step as I was designing my own pattern from a template. The fabrics were from a tonga treat. This is the pattern I started with: tree skirt template.  I needed to make another set of strips as 2 complete ones were not enough. It turns out I was able to piece the top sections from leftovers and only had to add a bottom set to each ones. I was trying to save the remaining strips.

The center tree fabric I received from a friend at retreat which was the leftover backing for a  tree skirt she had made. I didn't quite have enough for another go round at the bottom.

Now to back it, quilt it, and bind it.   YEAH!    I load off my mind.

Image may contain: indoor

2 comments:

  1. my son in law had a hard time getting his truck to start the other day and I can imagine the trouble with your tires mine do that almost every year if we get below 20 but I had just had work done with my tires - rotating & balance and the air pressure was just right for a change - hope all goes well and that your house isn't too cold!

    ReplyDelete