Friday, May 3, 2019

Spring break

The week has flown and I would like to say I have accomplished much.

But it was not meant to be. I have worked on a few quilt projects, and a little bit of cleaning.

Did finish this project: it is 36 inches squared for a NICU donation. I made the design using all scraps from my stash back and batting included. It was a quilt along for Bea and Cecile from France.
DONE!


And a lot of heart to hearts:  I needed to touch base with God and let go.... I mean really let go... of my wanting to control over all the things that have piled up and pent up. Not that I ever had control.

There are so many things right now that are going on:  My hubby's prostate cancer, my mother's Alzheimer's and her difficulty transitioning to a nursing home, and the upcoming move by my son and his wife with my 2 adorable grandsons to Louisiana. None of which I have control over. I feel like a merry go round, one gets on and takes me for a spin and when I get used to it, the other turns it faster or harder and away I go. It is not a fun ride at the moment.

I think I have it in better perspective, at least for now.  Or until my humanness takes it back again.
I do feel calmer inside. And the formation of the words seems to make it more tangible and manageable.

from Instagram:



2 comments:

  1. you are going through a lot right now - after your son and family make their move do you still have family with you to help you through all of this? As you say you are not in control - but you need to go with the flow and try to not stress out too much - I hope you can loose yourself in your creativity of sewing and quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt square is beautiful. Hope working on it gave you some peace. I know knitting/crocheting etc help me calm down. You really have a lot going on right now, take one day at a time. Right you are, all of these things are beyond your control. My Dad didn't transition to the assisted living well either. I'm not most people do from what I can see. Hang in there.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete