Sunday, August 18, 2019

Mini finishes


But I have been on a mission to complete some things prior to going back to school  Aggh. 
One more week and then it is back for teacher's meetings.
Kids come back after Labor Day.

So this was a precut kit I bought online and assembled it a couple weeks ago.
It was quite easy and went together in a afternoon. 
  This week I quilted it and then added the binding. 

 I just stitched in the ditch using a Grunge dot on the back and binding.
I feel like it is a little puffy, but I don't know that I want to add more. 

And now....here is my Kim Diehl mini that was a Quilt a Long with her book Simple Friendships 2.
You can still find the instructions on the Martingale site, but do need the book for block cutting sizes and assembly of individual blocks.  These are all little blocks 3, 4, 5 and 6 inches for the largest one.
Finished size is 17 by 20 ish inches. 
Sometimes I find I am more exact at piecing little blocks. But these are all fabrics in my stash
It is a little wavy after traveling in the car to do the hand stitching. 


Here is the back: I just used a mottled navy backing with lots of straight line quilting.
Many of these lines are 1 inch apart.

We have had a lovely weekend. Saturday, my spouse and I went to the Summerfest grounds in downtown Milwaukee for Irish Fest. Lots of Irish dancing, Irish singing stages and food. 
This is one of my favorites: We Banjo 3 from Galway, Ireland. 
So much fun. We saw them in March and love their songs and their wonderful instrumental skills. 
Not a passive concert at all, lots of dancing, clapping and singing for audience participation.


Sunday we went to and art fair on a lake in Oconomowoc.  I love the setting and all the little booths.
It was nice and cool and a little windy, but nice for August.
The food sales all make money for local organizations. 

3 comments:

  1. I used to go to Summerfest when I lived in Milwaukee many years ago and I haven't seen anyone ever mention Oconomowoc! My grandparents lived near there I believe at one time or another as it sounds very familiar to me -- what grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a support class for middle/high school in New Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did the summer go? Your finished projects are so nice. I especially like the flag. Have a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete