Wednesday, June 10, 2020

And it's summer! Time to quilt!


Over the weekend, Buttermilk Basin had a free 3 part quilt to make: 
This is my step one and two.
The stars are 3 inches each. I really liked the scrappy stripes.
You can buy the pattern and kit on their website.
Additionally, there is a wool applique for it.


Then I finally put my sparkly hearts together. 
This will be donation quilt for Healing Hearts raffle in September here in Waukesha.
Each heart is 10 by 12 inches.

Found this great backing fabric for it: also in the cornerstones. 
It is from Connecting Threads and is extra wide. 
They have it in black, too

Lastly, another Blockheads 3 block: paper pieced.

4 comments:

  1. All great projects. I dont know which is my fave tho, the hearts or the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... such fun things here today. Your hearts do sparkle and what a great backing for that quilt. Love your flag. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sparkle heart quilt! I'm sure it will do well in a raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hearts sparkle like jewels - lovely!

    ReplyDelete