Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lots of exchange blocks!

I did complete my blocks for shams from the magazine. These are for ME!  This is how one of them turned out.  I really like it. And the circles turned out well. 
Here are both of them ( 2 blocks for 2 shams or pillows).  I have not completely decided how to go from here. The variation of Thimbleberries fabrics turned out great. It didn't put much of a dent in the 5 inch bag, though. 


All of the rest of these are for other friends
First is a batik block.  I had her box for 2 rounds and ended up making 8 blocks total.
I think there are about 28 made thus far. 
The hard part was putting the right colors together to make 4 different combinations from 4 different fabics. 


This was the pattern she selected and she had a kit from Keepsake Quilting. 
Great colors were included, but  I added a few as well. 

  • Here are all my blocks together.
  • My layout isn't quite right, but you can see the colors. 
  • Color value is key in this block. I need to work to improve in this area. 

This next one was another Cake Mix design from Miss Rosie. 
I just saw the mistake.  It will not be hard to fix. 
I am grateful I took the pictures to find the mistake. 


This is another Cake Mix.  Someone worked ahead, so I have 2 to work on this month.
The pattern made 2 from the same 10 inch squares. So pretty. 
Love the blue and whites. 

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me how the camera picks up mistakes that the naked eye hasn't. Your sham tops are wonderful! I love the circles. Such pretty blocks here today, too.

    ReplyDelete