Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Retreat

 I was so happy to get away for a sewing weekend.  It felt good to talk with PEOPLE! And it was wonderful to share ideas and get some concentrated sewing done.   We went to Oshkosh, and stayed at a hotel which also included a room for the 8 of us to sew in. We brought a lot of our own food and prey much stayed put. No shopping or excursions. But that was fine. 

I was thrilled to get this finished.  It has been a struggle to get the blocks done for my last row. This was a row by row for my guild.  I had started the top one and then passed it to 4 other quilters. I decided to redo the bottom row. I searched Pinterest for images and then printed and sized them for piecing. 

The final block is the one in the middle of the row and was redone completely. 



Now I will add some vehicles, trees, cars, etc. to add more details to the blocks. I had originally thought wool, but am just going to add cotton fabric. 

Then this little buddy has taken over a week to complete.  This started out as a dollar tree Christmas tree in a box.   All the little needles were cut off, and that was a project in itself.  This was started a year ago. I missed the demonstration for gluing the wool to the branches.  I recently sought out my friend who showed me how to attach the wool with Tacky glue.  It took 3 evenings including football games and lots of extra cuttings of the wool. I guess it is about 12 inches or so tall. 



I thought I would share my front porch fall decorations. I have enjoyed some Youtube videos and fall crafting.  The leaves are turning and the weather has gotten considerably colder. Even the heat has come on in the house and I switched over to my winter quilt. My husband has raked his first batch of leaves. There will be more; the colors around here are beautiful. 



I am so thrilled to be featured on Quiltfabrication's blog today. https://www.quiltfabrication.com/
Susan always has such wonderful projects herself, but I love her Midweek Makers. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! for getting away on a quilting retreat! Your neighborhood quilt is one of the nicest I've seen. I have never seen a tree like this... it's so pretty. Love your fall decor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love house quilts, and yours is amazing, it's a whole town! Such great variety of buildings. Congrats on getting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house quilt - a great idea for a round robin

    ReplyDelete