Saturday, April 24, 2021

Getting things done!

 

😊
It has been a somewhat productive week.  I hate that the weather turned cold again and we even had an incredible snowstorm. It accumulated for a couple inches and melted all in the span of a couple hours.  So weird and slushy and wet!

But I did finish this cross stitch.  I just need their eyes and nose a whole 3 crosses per Peep. 
Then to mount it on a wood block for my tier tray.



Then I attacked the UFO project to get it done.  I cut the width down to make it more suitable for a wall.
I did applique the leaves by machine and felt pretty good about that.


Then I spent a couple hours quilting it. I found a lovely pink gingham to back it and have the binding attached as well in the same fabric. I was careful to free motion the outline of the hexie design for each flower and  all the way up and down the stems and leaves in one pass. Then just some horizontal lines. Yeah for my walking foot. Super slick! And tonight I will hand sew the binding. 


Lastly I saw some of these vinyl project bags for cross stitch on Fat Quarter Shop.  There are several tutorials on Youtube.  This is the one I used :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI8xqwexL8Q
It is a Riley Blake one and was well done. 


I made mine a little smaller only 10 by 12.   I did quilt the layers myself. 
This is really a nice lime green. Sorry for photo issues. 
The polka dots created a great line for following to quilt again using my walking foot. 

This is the back once it is done.  The binding was sewn to the back, wrapped to the front and then machine stitched.  For this  I did not want to sew through the vinyl by hand.  It was a little tricky to machine sew and having the tissue paper that it came with between the vinyl and feed dogs on the machine was essential. 


But I really loved how it turned out and look forward to using it. 
I might even make some for our guilds boutique then we have our sale this summer. 












3 comments:

  1. what pretty flowers you made with hexies! so many have gotten snow in April it is amazing really even here in Arkansas some parts of the state didn't escape it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects. Love seeing the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweet hexie flowers' quilt truly makes my heart beat just that little bit quicker. How gorgeous it is. It sings of happy things and sunshine. Those pretty pastel bunnies are adorable. I hope the season of spring begins to behave itself there.

    ReplyDelete