Thursday, June 3, 2021

Memorial Day

We had an enjoyable holiday weekend. The weather was sunny but quite chilly.  50s during the day down to 37 at night. 

But we made the best of it. Saturday we had the privilege to see The Moving Wall, the memorial for Vietnam.  It was here in Waukesha for the weekend and then went on to its next site. I was awed by the reverence all the visitors displayed as well as the pride the Vietnam Vets held especially when talking to fellow vets as well as the rest of us. They have some sad stories to tell. 



Over 58 thousand soldiers lost there lives and are commemorated on this wall and the main one in Washington DC which is twice as big.  Such a different perspective for our soldiers today. 

On Sunday we visited Milwaukee to have lunch and then walk around downtown:
Here are my partners on the bridge to nowhere on the Milwaukee River after we had biscuits and gravy with smoked brisket and a bloody Mary with a hint of BBQ sauce.  Yummm.

And we saw these metal ducks in a row.      So cute!



And a gorgeous front to another building.  Such vibrant colors!


And these multicolored bears in the park. 


On the quilting front: 

I found some purple scraps for the RSC month of June.
I even purchased a few quarter yards of blacks with white as my selection was slim



And I have 5 of the tan blocks completed of the Springbrook quilt.
I love the colors and pattern goes together well.
The fabric feels a little like slick linen. It does not press well both by itself, with water  misted or with Best Press added . 


2 comments:

  1. Been awhile since I have been in Milwaukee I lived there for a year and a half before getting married and stopped for a visit there about 15 years ago would love to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those PURPLE blocks for the RSC!! I pulled my scrap basket and chose some fabrics. That's as far as I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete