Wednesday, December 8, 2021

December

 Good news:  I have now been blogging for 5 wonderful years.  



 I have had 359 posts and 66000 views. It seems like an awful lot.    I have shared lots of ideas, and it has made me accountable to accomplish things. The very best part is that I have met lots of wonderful people and learned so many things.  I have done challenges, exchanges, and some donation quilts. It makes my heart sing.

Christmas plans are coming:    I had a big cookie bake with my daughter and a friend on Saturday. 2 kinds of chocolate treats and 4 batches of cookies.   Yum yum!

For the guild meeting tonight, I have a Christmas doll quilt : It started with the pad lining made by someone else needing a quilt and pillow to match. I did my easy 4 patch and solid alternating.


Then I added some borders to get it to a 9 by 13 inch piece. 



Lastly, I have finished the applique for the grandboys on navy t-shirts. 
I used golden threads on the back to assist with the movement.   Bad move, the little pieces paper left in the zigzag are a huge pain to get out. 

But I really hope they like them.  Either it will be a hit or not. I hope it is not too hokey.
And I hope they fit... 


Off in the MAIL tomorrow with some Christmas pajamas and assorted little Christmas goodies. 

















4 comments:

  1. love those Xmas p.j.'s! congrats on your 5 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 5 year blogging anniversary! Your shirts for your grandsons are so cute. I hope they fit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little quilt is adorable. You should make a big one for yourself...for next year. The shirt are nice. How old are kiddo's, that might be the key on it's being a hit. Kids are funny, just about the time you think you have them figured out they change.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping back in to wish you a Happy Holiday Season. Hope you're doing ok, since it's been a while since you've posted. Perhaps you'e busy doing holiday things.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete