Sunday, June 19, 2022

May doings

 I may have taken a leave from blogging.  And that has been because I have now taken 2 trips this month of May.

First, my husband and I drove to Kansas City, Kansas to the great 100th birthday celebration of his aunt. It was absolutely wonderful to see his cousins and their families. Aunt Dorothy had 7 kids and was married to a World War II vet who had been captured and was in a prison camp for the last 6 months of the war. Over the many years we have had several reunions. Always a fun time. 

This is my husband and his sister with us spouses and dear Aunt Dorothy.

Aunt Dorothy was still very intelligent and perceptive and well liked in her church community. We were so blessed to enjoy her company and know that she has left a lasting presence in the world. She and her belated husband donated land on 87th street in Lenexa for the Sar-Ko-Par Park. 

Always love the Canadian Mounted Moose

Then, my sister was available and we took a trip together to visit our mother in Canada northeast of Toronto in the Kawarthas. It was a long, busy but very fruitful trip. Mom who has Alzheimers and is in a nursing home was able to communicate with us remembering us still and we recalled many wonderful times and relatives together. Not bad for a dear wonderful 90 year old. We even tried a zoom call with her sister and our cousins.

                        


In between I have done lots of little things: 

I finished the wool applique for this piece.  Now I just want to get it framed, instead of quilting it.


And that was May,  mostly. 
Will update for June shortly,  I am currently in Louisiana visiting the grandkids.





1 comment: