Saturday, January 28, 2023

Stitching and stitching

 I am enjoying the methodical stitching on the machine each day.  And while I seem to slowly accumulate blocks, I don't get to the computer to talk about it. 

Something I am really like creating are my Sewcialites 2 blocks.  I have really liked using Christmas colors and made several blocks this week.  I am almost caught up with the block a week release by Fat Quarter Shop. And I keep looking for larger pieces of fabrics for the setting.  Although I won't be putting it together until this summer. 





And I am churning out my Ocean Waves blocks.  I am down to the last 2 weeks of my schedule to finish the blocks which will total 64.  My goal to finish it for our quilt show at the end of March.  I already have a reservation to have it quilted by my friend. She took some pictures of my blocks I had taken to guild for planning her exquisite work.

I bought some more off white wool for my snowmen and am getting a little done per week   Total 9 sections and the first is completed.  The 2nd one is heat set with hand work and machine applique to do.  The first half of the 3rd is planned. So I am getting there.


I have been marinating my ideas for my Stay at Home Round Robin all week. The idea started by Quilting Gail and then first row by the Home Sewn by Us was to frame your block with the them of spools.  I truly enjoy a challenge of selecting the block and making it fit the center block I started last week. I did need to change the width of the border to make it work.

While it is not all sewn together, I will complete it this weekend. This evening we are celebrating my daughter's birthday, cutting my sewing time down. 

The block was designed by Nancy Zieman found on Pinterest and my finished size is 3 and 1/2 inches. 


And lastly it is fun just to sit and piece scrappy 9 patches. No matter how many I piece and use scraps up, it doesn't make much of a dent in the fabric stash. 


 
And my January goal is COMPLETE.  All the machine quilting, binding and details are added.  And I hung the new wall hanging on the door!  The snowman top  was probably started 15 or more years ago and I was stuck adding the words below.  I just decided to finish it up as is, forget the words, and SEW I did.  Posted on Elm Street Quilts  One Monthly Goal. 


5 comments:

  1. I love that second block the star with the long pieces in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! That is a cool spool block and I loved Nancy Zieman. It sure does set off your center block nicely. I adore your Christmas blocks, especially the one that looks like woven ribbons. Those polka dot fabrics are fab. Thanks for joining in and linking up this week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job picking out that spool block. It goes well with your center. Yea for finishing an old UFO. Mr. Snowman is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas blocks and look forward to seeing the progress on this quilt. Your spools make a great round for your round robin, too. You have so many fun things going on in your sewing room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spool border looks great! Fun to see all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete