Saturday, April 22, 2023

Easter

 I have been missing from quilting for several reasons. 

First and foremost, my husband and I took a trip to visit and cherish our grandchildren.  We flew this time to Louisiana. And although it is supposed to be a warmer climate being in the more southern region of the US, we were met by cold and rainy weather.  This may have restricted our outdoor activities.  But it did not affect the fun we shared with the boys.  Lots of snuggling and books!  Without a doubt the very best part. 

We shared 2 Easter dinners with them. One with just the 6 of us and the other with my daughter in law's extended family. The latter had amazing desserts and I loved the pecan pie myself. 


I have been unable to sew on my sewing machine.  It is in at the "spa" receiving its yearly chiropractic care and cleaning.  Today it has been 2 weeks; so I expect to get it back very soon. 

So I have not done much but cutting out parts for piecing. It is actually stunting to my process.

But since my return, our weather was just gorgeous last week: in the 80s and sunny.  Trees have bud, the grass is greening, and my tulips have arisen from the ground.  

Funny how we are back to SNOW this morning. It is only a quarter of an inch, but it is cold and a drastic change.  I liked wearing my spring clothing, being outside, and cleaning up around the house and porches. 


1 comment:

  1. snow is a drastic change even if Louisiana was chiller than normal - it has been cooler this week in AR too. glad you got in your visit though

    ReplyDelete