Friday, September 29, 2023

Fourth of July finish

 It feels good to be sewing again.  I have been working on several projects trying to get things in gear. 

So first I am so happy to have finished the quilting on my Go Sparkly Fourth.  I finished the binding in front of television over a couple nights. And although it was not done for this year, it will be ready for next year. This was an old free pattern from a Fort Worth shop. More pictures in previous posts.  


I kept whittling away at all the 9 patches required for my BEAUTY.  I have my center completed! Way too many 9 patches to count.  It did make a dent in my background stash, but there are still many, many scraps leftover.  Anyone for a small bag of 1 1/2 inch squares?  Free to a good home.


Next step 28 paper pieced flying geese units. Oh, and the square in a square corners.  Need to find a good red border fabric. 

Fall is looking to be beautiful. Although I do agree with another blogger that the dry summer has initiated some brown early leaves. And we are now getting much needed rain. Good sewing weather!




3 comments:

  1. I have been having trouble leaving comments on "blogger" blogs finally I think this is going through. we have hot weather that has caused some fall like leafs already even though our weather is no where near fall like. Love both of those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking lovely! I used fabric from Kansas Troubles for my red, it just looked the best! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patriotic quilts look amazing. So many sweet teeny nine patches in Beauty. It is indeed a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete