Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter break

Yeah! Break is here!  I don't know who wanted it more the students or the teachers. With the weather being cool and rainy, and Easter landing on the calendar so late in spring, we all were cranky.

So I left to visit my Mom in Canada along with my trusty driver, my spouse. And on the way he let me stop at a quilt store in Wayne, Michigan. Bits 'n Pieces is well worth your time.


 Julie Hale, the owner, is very talented.  The store is bright and cheerful.

Bits 'n Pieces Store, in Wayne, Michigan.

The ladies were so welcoming and positive. But the blocks of the month they have are extraordinary.

I was gazing at them on her website prior to visiting,    If you want to see them, they are here: BOMs  So many wonderful designs!  I have already made On Point.  The latest one I was able to see using fabrics from Betsy Chutchian. The smaller version, anyway.




 The larger full size is making the rounds.   I purchased the large pattern and even have Julie displaying it for me.  The fabric is by Moda for Betsy Chutchian.  I really love the yellows.



Pattern:






I can't wait till she releases one she is in the progress of designing in the fall.  It is so beautiful and combines applique and piecework.

Great fabrics, really by color and style.  Go visit; or shop their online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment