Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Lap quilt

Great accomplishment!


First of all my hand applique on these to borders is coming along,  On one of them I have all the vines and leaves and berries completed leaving only the 3 flowers. On the 2nd I have most of the vines completed. It was an undertaking to switch from machine applique to hand.  I love the glue basting and it makes it so easy to applique the prepared shapes which had used Kim Diehl's papers as support or the templates from Karen Kay Buckley for the berries.

Secondly, I not only finished the flimsy for this Veteran lap quilt, but also did stipple quilting on it for the weekend. I like how it turned out and am glad to be ahead of the November 8th deadline to finish it. 

And to think it is all from scraps and yardage I had on hand!  Even the batting was a leftover.

Linking up with :http://www.quiltfabrication.com/http://www.quiltfabrication.com and  my quilt infatuation.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work on those applique borders! And what a great finish on that veterans quilt! Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your applique looks beautiful! And your veterans quilt is lovely. I really like your design! Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete