Sunday, November 3, 2019

Crazy week

Back to  a regular school schedule was hard.  After 3 weeks at school with less than 5 days, it was a change. Plus on Tuesday night I had conferences which seemed to make the week drag. But I felt very good about the parents I spoke with. It is a great affirmation to know that you are helping kids you care about so much.

Then the weather took an abrupt change AND IT IS ONLY OCTOBER. Never have I had such snow this early. And I mean in my lifetime: here are pictures:

It was a beautiful sunset despite the combination of snow and fall colors.


 It was so strange to have such an accumulation of inches of snow that are still lingering after 4 days. Usually snow disappears because of the warmer ground. But no, we still have temperatures in the 30s.


 Have you ever heard of shoveling leaves?  Well there were leaves on top of the snow which needed to be removed for the trick or treaters. Then the leaves underneath were frozen to the sidewalk so that was cleared to prevent more slipping and sliding.

 And yes, the trick or treators still came albeit dressed in winter garb as well. I will say that it ended after the first hour or so. Too darn cold to remain outside for long!


The only sewing I have gotten done was to prepare the wool for some applique.
It is a facebook group and the patterns are free. 

cover photo, Image may contain: text

1 comment:

  1. Snow in October....Ugh!! They are calling for snow here in Virginia for Tuesday. That is super early for us, too. I remember it snowing on Halloween once when I was a child in upstate NY, but we didn't get inches. I'm looking forward to seeing your wool snowmen!

    ReplyDelete