Friday, October 25, 2019

Trip to Louisiana

Sewing machine off to the hospital  Well, I actually sent it off to be cleaned and tuned up. I have a repairman who has kept my 1985 Bernina running well. It is such a hard working machine... and I really love it. I only wish it had a blanket stitch on it.  Otherwise, it is consistent and does everything I have asked of it.

So I get to deliver the quilt to my grandson and can't wait.  It will be our first trip to Louisiana to see them all down there. The weather will be a nice change from 50s during the day here to 70s and 80s there.

There is nothing in the world like filling your hug jar.  It was the best time and I just loved being with these 2 grandboys. My hubby and I had a blast sharing our hotel room with them as well.
 Lights out for them also meant we slept , and boy did we need it.

I had so much fun holding their hands as we walked places, having them sit on my lap, reading books and having fun with toys or water, or even the pancake machine at the hotel.

They have both grown taller in only 4 months. The older one is much slimmer and doing so well on reading and math skills. I am amazed and thrilled to see how much he is learning. The "little" one is egging to be in school and do things with his brother but is the sweetest of personalities.


Here is my son's family and my husband.  Notice I am missing as I am the recorder of  memories and I take the pictures.



The only pictures I am in are the selfies.  Too much fun!  
AND lots of love.

 

I forgot to get pictures of them with their new pillowcases and the new quilt for the older one.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to visit - I remember you mentioning that they were moving and how sad that would be for you. I hope you can continue to visit as often as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time spent with family is the best. So glad you were able to go visit. Being the memory keeper is a very important job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute pictures. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. How nice you got to visit, for you; as well as for them. Grandparents bring a special something to young children.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete