Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Finishes, YES 2 of them

First of all, here is my grandson's quilt...only 3 years late.  But I really like how it turned out.

I had to take pictures indoors.  We have fall for sure and almost a frost last night as well. I saw the quilt online and designed my own measurements using 2 and half inch strips for all of it. But no, I did not have any jelly rolls. I had some beautiful kona solids from a kit I never made, and had to buy a second batch of colors. The main fabric is more of a vivid light aqua not a gray or light blue.

Here is a close up of the quilting detail done by a long arm quilter, not me. I love how it compliments the patchwork design.


Here is the back which was pieced in between the fabric I also used this fabric print on his brother's  quilt made last year. These are 10 inch blocks. 


And the best part is that I get to deliver it in person to Louisiana.  Can't wait to see the boys! 

Secondly, I finished the lap quilt for my daughter's beau:

Here is an up close so you can see some of the fabrics, the fabulous Wisconsin border, and the inside border which also became the binding. 


This is an overall photo also done indoors. The pattern is Yellow Brick Road, an oldy but goody.


This is the back pattern which is an overall elongated geometric swirl quilt also done by a long arm lady. And the back is  a nice soft gray minky in extra wide so I did not piece it.

And since I am on a roll:

Lastly, here is the old pillow cases I made my daughter eons ago. It is faded, and not at all attractive. Plus the 2nd one actually had rips in it. 

 So I made her 2 new ones. I used a wide red rick rack as the division between the cuff and the main fabric. It is a really nice print that incorporates all the colors of the quilts I have made her. One which had had a bottle of foundation spilled on it.  She loves the black and white and bright crayon colors.

Phew!  Lots done in the last 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You have done a lot in the last 2 weeks! I just love your grandsons quilt. And how nice that you get to deliver it in person! The Wisconsin quilt is great, too. Love the layout and design. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete