Sunday, January 12, 2020

Binding and blocks

I had guild last Wednesday.  I really liked the demonstration. Each member can make a block and enter a lotto for receiving all the blocks. Our BOM for next month is this.

It was a real easy block to make and called arrowhead
Sew almost around all 4 edges of 2 squares, cut kind of like a disappearing 9 patch, re-scramble and sew together.  Voila new block! The background is a great gray print and the fabric is Kaffe Fassett and all be made out of in blue/green/purple colorways. 


I also spent the football game, watching Green Bay win for the conference playoffs tonight while hand sewing the binding on this.
It was a nail biter at the end, but none the less a win for the Packers. 
This is the baby quilt. I had a hard time sewing through the minky.
I think it was more because my bindings were full. But it is DONE . Photos later.


Still working on the Frolic mystery. The top blocks are flying geese finished.
The bottom  are those left to attach the wings.
Still 2 steps behind.


These are blocks from my star quilt a long.
Love them for sure,  63 pieces per block. 
I am so proud of my sewing on these and can't wait to get it done.



5 comments:

  1. Your BOM is a pretty block. Love the Kaffe Fasset fabric. Those stars look fabulous together. I am enjoying reading different blogs to see what everyone is doing with their Frolic clues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Arrowhead Block; it's so easy to put together and yet looks so complicated! I love the prints used in yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Arrowhead block!Thank you for the link to the tutorial. Your stars are going to make a beautiful sparkly quilt. Thank you for the comment on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your arrowhead looks marvelous, love blocks that look complicated but aren't. And I like the Kaffe Fasset with the grey.

    ReplyDelete