Monday, January 6, 2020

Blocks and more

Sewing continues into the new year!
 I have made 2 more blocks for my quilt along for Bea et Cecile Quilt along. 
I really, really like these blocks and it is making my sewing much more precise.
 And if you couldn't tell, I am making sure to include browns. 



The baby quilt is progressing well. I have finished the free motion quilt on my home sewing machine. I couldn't find my free motion slider. Ugh.  But I muddled through and did a stipple. 
The back is a minky fabric with a soft batting in between.
 0

And here is a close up of part of the quilt; some of the quilting shows through.
I used a new thread for me called Isocord. It has a sheen and is 2 ply polyester. 
I loved the color, and it went through my machine well, but I felt I kept wasting some as it slipped after threading, but before my machine began.  I think part of it was the weight of the quilt as I sewed and drove it more with my arms than usual. My fingers are not strong enough or for that matter big enough to spread and control the movement.  I am kind of out of practice. 


For the Frolic mystery, I am happy to say I have all of  clue 4 done and trimmed. It took forever. And now I have all of clue 5 made and pressed and about 1/4 of these lovely triangles trimmed.
Progress a little at a time....on to clue 6 and 7. From my perusal around the blog world, I can see I am not alone. 




So I keep at it. 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what Frolic will look like in the end - I have been saving my clues so I can decide later if I want a go at it.

    ReplyDelete