Saturday, April 25, 2020

Back to school

Well, not back at school.  Just back to teaching from my couch.  This week went better than I had hoped. I can really see an apathy in the kids, though. They found out we are in it for the long hall and not being able to return to the building for the remainder of the school year. And the darn weather is crappy and I mean temperature in the  30s and 40s and cloudy with snow sprinkles here and there.  UGH!

Little time doing anything: no sewing, a little cooking, but not much to show since last weekend.

So I HAD to do something to spark my enjoyment in life. And that meant a new project. I have had the materials for 2 months. Just sitting.


Here is the fat quarter bundle I had plus a few Kaffe Fassett fabrics and the accent orange.


This is the pattern I chose to make for my daughter from the bright happy fabrics.
The orange will replace the navy blue in the pattern.


And although I didn't buy the Hex ruler created by the pattern designer, 
I did have this ruler sitting around in my stash.
I marked the cutting edges with tape.
It worked out just fine.


And this is what I have so far: 8 fat quarters completed, and 28 to go



Sunshine usually helps. Sorry, it is still cloudy here.

5 comments:

  1. I made that pattern and have the ruler - I wonder if I will ever make it again. I feel for the kids and anyone who doesn't have a yard or the ability to get outside and exercise! I'm sure there are kids that have trouble with the bullies that will like being at home for school and then the kids that are so social must be missing it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the orange with the other happy fabrics. Happy sewing and be safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The pattern and your choice of colors are really pretty. She's going to love it. Good luck with the remainder of the school year. I know teachers are being very creative to get their kids engaged. What age group do you have? I ask thinking a math project could center around your quilt? Or an art project could too?
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My job is to get them to finish their work from their classes. Catch as catch can.

      Delete
  4. Popping in to say hi, hope you're doing well as I make my blog rounds.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete