Saturday, April 4, 2020

New projects to bolster quarantine.


Another week has gone by.  The good news: spring is starting to warm us up a little: more like up to high 40s and into 50s midday.  The sun, oh the sun. It does a body good. To see it, to feel it and soak up the rays even through the windows. 

And as I am sure you all are feeling the quarantine: so am I.  Ugh.  I have only gone to the grocery once this week. But I have gone for a couple of walks. It is hard to sit, and have to work on the computer. It drags on.  But  we are getting used to it. Dare I even say that when we have a month more.


I have done a little sewin



Last week I mad this heart out of a varigated swath of fabric. The pattern from guild was wanting 4 shades and I just couldn't get the middle shades to be very different. So I made a second block and then substituted a couple pieces to make them variances a little better.
Then I got hte bright idea to make other colors and prepare a snuggle lap quilt for an agency my husband works with: Healing Hearts. The name is perfect.

Before COVID 19, My DH would attend a dinner for families of relatives who have died or are incarcerated. Then they divide into smaller age groups for some sharing and activities. 

And I bought more colors to make:

Plus I am using this as my Hands to Help quilt for Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict
So I have  few more colors to sew and some white to purchase to spread the blocks out.
I really like the blocks.  Making a total of 12 blocks from  colors.


My only other project I have actually worked on is this springy hexie quilt. 
Now, I have pieced the layers into fence, dots, hexie panel and a second go round.
It was a McCalls kit from a magazine.  I bought in online.
But I really wanted to make some additional hexie flowers to add in between.
Slowly, slowly. I am using solids to go with the panel.




2 comments:

  1. glad you are doing well and that the weather is warming even if it is slightly! I am thankful we have an early spring compared to you although today went back to chilly 40's but in two days it is supposed to be 80 - something just seems wrong about that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the heart, it came out beautiful. The other colors you have will as well. Will be fun to see this all come together. Stay well, stay strong, hang in there.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete