Monday, November 20, 2023

Catching up!

 It is so nice to be home.  After a while gathering my thoughts and catching up on news and such, I got into a mood to clean. And it feels good to do those things that I have put off for some time. So each day I have made a list to accomplish a few tasks. Some are easy tasks like baking cookies; others are not so much fun like washing windows that I never got around to this summer.   But all in all, things are getting accomplished. And it keeps inspiring me to do a little more.  

I wish I could say I have been on the sewing train to finish up a few of those oh, so close projects. 

I did make a door hanger for Mom for Christmas for her new place.   And I hope to do a monthly one as the calendar progresses.   12 by 23 inches I think in my stash fabrics. Buttons and hanging ribbon to be attached.




This is a new pattern I found at Quilts Plus in Lebanon, Indiana.  They were my first quilt store in Indianapolis at the time on 86th street way back in 1978. 


Other progress on projects:   borders of flying geese finished    14 out of 28


Cornerstone square in a square blocks:   Also paper pieced all 28 DONE!







    

4 comments:

  1. oh wow so many flying geese units! sometimes I have trouble with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Door hanger. I am inspired to try one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the door hanger. Those curls of white really look great. I hope you share another photo once the ribbon and buttons are added. Great job powering through those units. Eh, window washing can wait until the spring....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely door hanger, and great idea to have a new one each month that is calendar appropriate! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete