Tuesday, December 12, 2023

December, already?

 Where have I been???

Needless to say... A simple Thanksgiving for 2.   Another round in the hospital for my daughter in law rejecting her kidney transplant.   Two fractures for my Mom : hip and arm from falling out of bed.  No surgery.  But painful and now immobile.   No trips for me , but lots of prayers and conversations across the miles.

I don't know what normal is anymore. But I do know that we are going to Louisiana after Christmas to see the boys and that is wonderful. 

So this month is my 7th year blog-iversary.  I still enjoy keeping track of my sewing and projects and getting positives from other quilters/friends over the miles.  

Onto better things: I just returned from my winter quilt retreat with some needed rest and relaxation and focused time on quilting with friends.

Projects I was able to accomplish. 

This was started for a Quilt along with Corrine and Cecile in January. But I changed my mind and only included 6 of the 8 gnomes. Each is appliqued and hand embroidered. This is destined for my daughter in law. 


This is my Moda Blockheads 5 fall session of blocks.  I have the setting blocks cut out , but need to attach and then get it quilted. My daughter requested teals and having a seasonal quilt. 


My Mother's birthday is next week and this is for her door in the nursing home. 
She will be 92 years old.  


I made this masculine table runner for my daughter's new beau for Christmas.
I am just going to quilt it on the sashing with a thin brown binding.
I am hoping he will like it. 


And lastly, here are 2 stockings for the same gentleman and my daughter. 
I had purchased the knitted stockings and added the braid around the edges
 as well as hand embroidered initials on red wool mittens. 






4 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about your daughter in laws rejection that is sad news for her and the family - this was a kidney? Hope all will be well with your mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly got a lot of projects and gifts made at your retreat!!! Sorry to hear about the medical difficulties in the family. Visiting family after Christmas is a wonderful thing to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable gnome tree! Love the birthday placemat too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for taking some much needed time to get away and stitch! It sounds like it's been a tough year. I love the projects that you're working on. That birthday mini for your mom is great!

    ReplyDelete