Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Short visit with MOM

 I took a quick 2 day trip to Indianapolis to visit my mom and sister.

Her 92nd birthday is today. 

She is doing quite well considering her hip fracture two weeks ago. She will be transferred back to the memory wing of the nursing home tomorrow where she has a community and staff for support. 



She looks so much better and is in good spirits than when she was in Canada.  I am so grateful we were able to transfer. But mostly, I am grateful for the staff and the nursing home to make her life more fulfilling.


What a treasure to see her smile!    (Purple roses were from my brother.)

I had made a banner for her door.!

On another note, here is the percussion section from Sunday's Christmas concert. My husband and daughter are in this section.  It may be her last concert if she moves to Detroit this summer😥





2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to get in a visit to your mom and she is smiling and looks happy too that is so nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you could get away and visit your Mom! She looks great!!! I love the little quilt you made her, too!

    ReplyDelete