Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Mini goals

 Lots of sewing going on for small things: 


20, actually 21    Orange Peels blocks: 5 inches square:   DONE



60     Churn Dashes   3 inch :    DONE



28     Paper pieced flying geese  3 by 9 inches  3 more to go.  I hope to finish them this week.   DONE!  


And I have been frogging the quilting on my border on my Over the River quilt.  I just didn't think it matched the rest of the quilting nor the theme of the quilt.  I put so many hours of stitching into the embroidery. I love this quilt.  I really like my quilter and what she has done on previous major quilts of mine.  I just don't think this is her style.  


All frogging done in 2 nights.  Next: steaming to hopefully reduce holes in batiks.


She has had 2 other tops  of mine to be done since October.  But she just had a heart attack  a few weeks ago.   ( Merry Merry Snowmen and my Sewcialites 2 quilt)    No rush to get them done especially now that she is recovering. 

1 comment:

  1. It's inspiring to see all the blocks you're working on! That was a lot of frogging. How will you re-quilt it? Running a fingernail over the holes also helps. Best quilt wishes.

    ReplyDelete