Monday, March 4, 2024

Back from vacation



 My dear husband and I took the vacation of a lifetime; a cruise in Hawaii touring 4 of the islands: Oahu, Maui, the Big Island of Hawaii, and Kauai.  What a whirlwind week! The weather was warm!!!! That in itself was rejuvenating: 70 degrees or warmer. Each day we had an activity planned from whale watching to luaus, sunset cruises to kayaking, etc. We didn't use the ship for much more than sleeping and eating. 



lava tube

But we loved the sights  the lava made land covered in tropical foliage. And the water itself had the most amazing hues of blue. Such an array of colors surrounded us all week starting with a rainbow to greet us at the airport after we flew for all of the day across the continent and sea. 

My body still has the feel of sea movement as I sit here. The repeated sway of the waves up and down in my blood. I love it!  I have always loved water and now I witnessed new rushes of the ocean on a far larger scale than the lakes I have always been on. And then to taste the salt in the fluid around you and feel it after it dries on your skin. God truly does amazing things.

And as  a quilter, I was able to locate one quilt store on the city of Kona on Hawaii called Quilt Passions and bring home some wonderful treasures. They were in the process of getting ready to move to a new location. The owner was so friendly and helpful.  

I did not get to peruse the store for very long as I had an uber driver waiting. But I loved this hawaiin print dress and purchased the fabric for it.  


They also had many lovely sashiko kits.  This one is foilage of the island, but I purchased a turtle as well as a Hawaiian design.  Plus more sashiko thread. 


I will have to show those later.   
Mahalo :  thank you in Hawaiian  for reading my blog today!



1 comment:

  1. What an awesome vacation! It sounds wonderful and you've made some lovely memories. The warm weather sounds so nice. I look forward to seeing the sashiko projects in progress, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete