Thursday, March 7, 2024

Enjoying the creativity

 I am back to quilting. Not that the vacation to Hawaii wasn't wonderful and I missed quilting while I was there, but sitting at the machine is fun and I so enjoy it. 

So here are some projects I have been working on: 

Stash Bee: for those who don't know, it is a group of women who sew for each other once a month. Every month, I new person decides the design or block and colorway. This month is a Terry Rowland block designed to use up scraps. Here is a video of how she makes the blocks for the colorwash quilt: here. it was also made by Kate of The Last Homely House in England. Here is her instructions: scraps. Each block within the block is 3 inches finished making the 9 patch 9 inches.

Anyway, our queen bee of the month wanted a block of 9 individual blocks together in a colorway. We only are asked to make one block.  But I love sharing with others so much, that I always make extra. 10 blocks does not a quilt make. 



And I got out my Dear Jane box and forged on for more blocks: 





These are 5 inch blocks and the last one needs hand applique.  Evening work. 

And lastly,  working on a seasonal wall hanging for me: 

Each block is 4 inches.  This is creativity in progress. Center design is to be determined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment