Friday, May 3, 2024

Little projects and blocks

 I just have been chugging along on projects.  Although a headache/migraine slowed me down for several days. That is so not like me. 

Here I made more of my rounded log cabin quilt.  I think I only need about a dozen more for the basic 8 blocks. I haven't decided if I need 4 large blocks of 13 individual blocks more to make it bigger? 


I also finished my round robing block for guild which is due next week.  The square in a square blocks are 2 inch paper pieced. it was hard to decide what to do as most all her colors were blues and yellows. I just need to pull off the newsprint paper from the back.



I also made an improvisation block for my May  Stash Bee. Interesting. 

I am enjoying the lovely spring weather. My lilacs are starting to show the purple flowers almost ready to open. We have a ground hog coming and going in the back.  He was even sun bathing on our porch.  And I did buy some pots of a fern and a coleus for outdoors. 

Here is a new visitor to the back porch: 





5 comments:

  1. I love log cabin blocks and yours are FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Log Cabin blocks are my favorite. Yours are so pretty in bright colors. Pretty RR block. 2" paper pieced?! That's tiny! Fun improvisation block. Looks like spring has arrived at your place, when the lilacs are near to bloom, and the ground hog is enjoying the sun too. Enjoy this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rounded log cabin blocks are so cute! Your square/square border gives zing to the red in the flower! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that rounded log cab quilt - I have a pattern for that one that I had been thinking of doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those rounded log cabin blocks are terrific! Your colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete