Monday, April 29, 2024

Spring quilting

 I have been busy sewing away.  It is such a relaxing past time to sit at the machine and listen to podcasts or music and stitch away. 

I am forging ahead to finish more of my Rainbow Scrap quilt from the past (2021) .  Here is the 4th block of the design.  I did a yellow center in the color of the month on  soscrappy.


And I realized I had only ordered  regular yardage for the back of my fall flannel quilt.  So I used some of the leftover layer cake squares and charm pack to add to the beautiful pumpkin fabric. 


As last week closed, I checked my calendar to determine I had some time finally to visit my mom in Indianapolis. So I whipped up a butterfly quilt for her door in the nursing home.. These are 30s fabrics to go with the decade she was born in. The squares are 3/4 inch. 


I had a wonderful visit with her albeit short couple of days.  She knew who I was which is indeed a blessing. I brought a photo album her mother had made showing her grandparents and her parents and their first house all the way up to college and meeting my dad. 


We are so pleased that she likes this nursing home. The caregivers are wonderful.





5 comments:

  1. that is good that you like the place your mom is at

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fun idea to make a quilt for your mom's door! My mom is in a nursing home, too, and I've been making her mug rugs, which she also enjoys. I'm glad your mom remembered you - that is a hard thing which we are dealing with also. Your RSC quilt top is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful your mom is in a lovely, caring place where she is happy. It must be such a relief to know she is well cared for. Such a beautiful photo of her. Love the butterfly quilt fluttering on your mom's door.. 'tis so pretty. You RSC quilt is looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Butterflies and Irish Chain! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your mom. I'm sure she can relate to all the old photos of people in her life. the quilt is beautiful. Did she like it?

    ReplyDelete