Friday, April 19, 2024

RSC 2021

So after making the plan for my rainbow scrap challenge, I continued to cut more inch and a half strips for additional fabrics to add to each quarter of a circle.  

( Here is the link I utilized for measurements:  Curved log cabin) My block finishes at 5 and 3/4 inches and the full circle to 11 inches. I have had to check this over and over as I keep LOSING my copy. 

And here are three sections  of the design which I have completed over the last week:







Taking pictures are good : you can see the mistake so you can fix it. 

And on a whim, I had lots of 1 1/2 inch squares left that were or originally planned for sashing. 
I decided to try tiny piecing.   Here is the first block. 
I now have 5 1 and 1/2 inch blocks made. Pieces are 1/4 inch.
My goal is to make a 3 by 4 squares mini quilt for next year's quilt show. 


I did finish a spring wall hanging for my mom!  This monthly was was an applique where I went around the edges of the pieces as I quilted it since it was so small. Only 14 inches square.  I forgot to take a finished picture:  but here is the pattern in wool.  I just used cotton fabrics from my stash. 
And as a real cheater, I just double turned the edges for the binding and sewed them down. 

oops no photo!








2 comments:

  1. OH MY! You are really stretching making those tiny blocks. I love what you are doing with the log cabins. At one time I thought I wanted to make that style but have floated away from that idea... maybe later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curved log cabin blocks are very pretty. The tiny block is so cute! The mini quilt is a neat idea, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete