Sunday, April 14, 2024

Retreat time

 Don't you just love getting together with fellow quilters at retreats?  I sure do.  I don't know what is the best part:  sharing ideas, acquiring fabrics and patterns from each other, uninterrupted sewing time, or just comradery. And I can't forget the part about getting meals fixed for you and not having to clean up the kitchen.  Well, the snack table is also a "treat". 

Yes, retreats are the best!  It was a week ago, but I still wanted to post the progress and the other projects.

I was able to finish 2 quilt tops. 

The first one was started last fall for my daughter. It is a batik quilt which used the Moda Blockheads 5 blocks for group 1. 


This is my plan for the quilt using my RSC rounded log cabins made during the year 2021.
I had a box with 9 full circles and 36 single blocks.  During retreat I made at least 24 for single blocks for the setting. In between the blocks will be black sashing. 


Then I assembled the units for this flannel panel and pattern from primitive Gatherings and coordinating plaid fabrics by Bonnie Sullivan for sashing.
I fell in love with it the first time I saw it and have worked on it periodically. It has been in time out since fall. But now it is a flimsy. Hooray! 


Here are quilts from other friends:  Jodi


Chris


Corrine 


Karen: Tula Pink fabrics and pattern





4 comments:

  1. You and your friends worked on some lovely quilts at retreat. The quilt you made for your daughter but my favorite is the log cabin quilt, that is really a neat quilt! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one of those retreat quilts is beautiful. I do love going on a retreat and having it all - the time and the comradery with the other quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure accomplished a lot at your retreat. I find I am very productive at a retreat as well for all the same reasons! Beautiful quilt tops made by you and your friends. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete