Monday, October 7, 2024

Quilt for Daughter in Law

 I am glad to share a finish with you!  I had purchased the kit and pattern after seeing it in a store in Missouri.  I had shown  the photo to my daughter in law knowing she would probably like it.  This is Hello Boo fabric line by Lella Boutique. The pattern had a dark and light version.  I chose the black which has spider webs in the design.  I think the borders are what make it, especially the black and white stripe. I have made that my binding as well.  It was easy to assemble and I liked the colors together as I worked on them, not usual combinations for my taste.


Close ups of a couple of the panel blocks




The back is a minky kind of fabric and the quilting is a swirly design with spider webs and spiders hanging periodically. My long armer helped asI needed it to be done, so that I can take it down south when I visit my grandkids. 


So I am working on hand stitching the binding down. 




4 comments:

  1. that is a cute quilt - I bet she will love it - how is she doing healthwise by the way? Did she ever get the transplants that she needed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous quilt. Those colours and the different fabrics make me smile. Love too, the sweet quilting pattern; it goes perfectly with the theme of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt! The quilting is spot-on.

    ReplyDelete