Thursday, October 24, 2024

Sewing again!

 I have completed 30  blocks of 16 patches.  The fall colors look great.  I am on a stand still waiting for my mojo to resize the acorn pattern.  The printer would not cooperate. 

The goal was to have all 16 squares be different fabrics.  And of course, my photo shows one with a duplicate.  

Additionally, I have been working on a version of a log cabin having just 1/4 of it  at a 14 inch size to share the pattern with friends.  I am working with red, white and blue colors for a summer picnic quilt. 


The free pattern is Ventanas by Timeless Treasures,  but I started playing around with the numbers. 
Good news, though, I found a bag of red, white and blue reproduction fat quarters. Woo Hoo!

And while watching my television, I have been stitching away at my cross stitch.  It is coming along nicely.  Although yesterday, I had to tear our rows and made many mistakes.  I guess it was just not my day. 

I like using the even weave cross stitch fabric.  But my old eyes have a hard time counting sometimes. Or, I end up crossing the stitches the wrong way. Mistakes happen, as in life  Ugh.  


Off to see Mom this weekend. Our drive will be pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment