Friday, May 7, 2021

Big Finish and Mom's Day

 After a whole afternoon's work, I finished the top for my Gooseberry Christmas. 

This was a pattern from Kansas Troubles.  And I followed the coloring according to the pattern, substituting what reds, greens, golds, and backgrounds I had.  I also did not utilize her no piecing method and adapted to actual half square triangles and flying geese. 


Close up of the end and the borders.


Full picture from the middle.   The size is large 78 by 98ish. 
Borders are 2, 3 and 6 inches. 

A different perspective on my design wall, the floor.


Close up for the center piecing with machine applique. 

I am SOOOOOO glad to get it done and off my list. Yeah for another UFO.
I dislike the process of borders and would much rather piece.  And it took many hours to get those last 3 done.  But DONE it is. 

And on another note,  I found this free pattern online by Jessica Marquez for Mother's Day.

This is how the pattern sheet looks

Here is what it looks like after you lay it on the cardstock and punch the holes with a large needle or T pin.The paper is actually a periwinkle blue, my Mother's favorite.


I used all 6 strands of floss and then "stitched" it in a peach, yellow and springy green.
I really like how it turned out.


Off in the mail it went.

4 comments:

  1. the quilt is lovely - very classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you.... don't really enjoy adding borders to a quilt. Your finish is beautiful! I know you are glad to have this checked off of your list. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete