Friday, July 8, 2022

Kitchen remodel and sewing

 So I am officially out of the kitchen per se.  We are into our 2nd week of the actual kitchen remodel after months of waiting for cabinets to be ordered. The demolition is done, new electrical and plumbing are framed in. And I don't know where anything from my kitchen is except the refrigerator and oven which stand in the bare space.  Boxes are everywhere. Luckily, I have a sink in my laundry room on the main floor. And we have the microwave and a few small appliances there. Oh, and then there is the hubby who does the minimal dishes we use. 


At this point there is no sink or dishwasher and there are holes in the walls from added electrical outlets and recessed lighting. ( The kitchen has 2 steps down into it. )

Onto good things:  I have set up a small sewing area in my bedroom. And I have been making Moda Blockheads 4  and have caught up. I am going to start the setting proposed from Joanna Figuara.

I have plenty of brown/tan for sashings and a lime green print for setting triangles and cornerstones.





I am up to 18 blocks completed out of what will be 25.   I even have an extra 4 inch block of one which I will use for the label.   I am caught up with the series online ( Moda Blockheads 4 both on facebook and online a couple of places.  I love the variation of blocks made by other quilters which inspires me to alter my own coloration and piecing.  I really love practicing a variety of patterns and techniques in blocks which has helped me to improve my piecing skills. 

Indiana puzzle with center feature fabric:


Roundabout : alternate block for 4?


They look kind of blah together.  I hope it is more just a lighting issue, although I know there are mostly medium to light prints.  ( I am trying to finish a box of fabrics after making 2 quilts already. )

While watching tv in the evenings I am working on some cross stitch. A winter pattern of mittens on navy aida . I am doing this one without a hoop. Sure but slow wins the race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment