Thursday, July 14, 2022

Quilting and Art on the Square

 Last weekend we took a trip to Madison, Wisconsin to see the Art on the Square Show.  We have gone for decades and enjoyed every one. Yeah!   Some of the highlights of the many booths that surround our capitol building on all 4 sides. 

The art mediums were so varied: painting of all kinds and sizes, ceramics, jewelry: of course, wood, fabric and paper.  Here are a few of the many exhibits/booths.







So inspirational and such a great time!

Then I have been sewing and sewing in my new "studio" in my bedroom.  It is a nice retreat away from the house.

Here are the cut offs for a project I will reveal in a couple weeks and I have another pile of more of these.  


So what to do?  As I went down the distraction road of blogs which I have not done in a while, I found a mini quilt free pattern from Temecula Quilt blog>https://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/

Perfect!  She has such wonderful free patterns. And here are all the little blocks.  ( Triangles of 1 1/2 inch size. 

And put together.  Lots of fun and only 8 by 10 inches.  Now to quilt it. 


Next I quilted my simple easy baby quilt.  My attempt at using up some fabric.  Who am I kidding? A couple of charm packs don't dent it. 


As it is a donation quilt, I didn't want to add too much quilting and I had recently purchased a book on straight line quilting.   Simple! I used the guide that came with my walking foot for the first time.


DONE!






And for hand projects, I finished up the wool pillows from Pieceful Gatherings in Fox Grove, Illinois. 
I did the wool applique LAST year, but just needed a little embroidery and beads and finishing. 


DONE!


I guess I am getting some things done. 








4 comments:

  1. in the past whenever we went to visit our daughter in WI we always went to Madison several times to see the Farmer's Market and whatever other things we wanted to see - I do miss that city now that our daughter lives in Arkansas again there is no reason to go to Wisconsin unless we just plain want to go see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun outing! I like all the different configurations of your HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun show! Love your pillows!! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pillows, very nice. And the cute yellow quilt. You've been busy and the art show sounds fun.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete