Saturday, January 2, 2021

End of year 2020:

 Well, we can all say 2020 was like nothing we had ever known. Covid has wrecked havoc with our world. For me, having both my daughter and mother succumb to its charms has made for an interesting time. Mom resides in Canada and has recovered thankfully. But I am unable to cross the border to see her.  As for my daughter, she is still recovering with breathing treatments and a pharmacy full of supplements. Unfortunately, she has not been able to work and began a medical leave which ended up with her being let go. She is still unable to work. But her light at the end of the tunnel is to return to school to finish her degree. Hooray!

It has been a blessed year with several BIG milestones. First, I retired from working full time at school. Over 40 years in schools in various positions, WOW.  ( And after Covid teaching, I was more than ready to be done.)  Then my husband and I celebrated 40 years of marriage. While we only celebrated together, it was special none the less. I am blessed to have a wonderful partner. And lastly I reached that milestone age for Social Security. While the brain is still learning, and parts are still working fine, the face in the mirror has definitely aged.

 But all in all, a year to remember in so many ways.

I have not completed as many projects as I would have liked this year despite having more time to quilt. 

Here are my highlights:

Big quilts:

Sparking Hearts: a donation quilt

Frolic: Bonnie Hunter's mystery: for my son and his wife. 


Little quilts: 

Grandniece quilt   ( Reese) 


Valentines UFO





Goosey Blues:  Lots of paper piecing 



Jensen's 4 K quilt 



Lots and lots of pillows,  a return to cross stitch and embroidery for bowl fillers, and lots of progress on old projects.  

Overall, a year older, and a year "wiser".  But the clock keeps ticking and we proceed the best we can with what we have.  Here's to the accomplishments of  the old year and a toast to a fresh new year. 



3 comments:

  1. what wonderful quilts - I'm so sorry to hear that your mother and your daughter have been sick though and how horrible that they let your daughter go from her work - that is not nice - they have to know it takes time for some to recover from this nasty virus - but nice she will go back to school - so far I have had one niece and one nephew get the virus both are recovered now and now we find out that my sister's mother in law has it and she is not in good health. - I certainly hope we can all get vaccinated but at the rate this mess is going I kind of wonder if most of us will be able to get it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishes from 2020 are beautiful. I especially like sparking hearts. Those hearts just sparkle! I hope your daughter is back to normal soon. Happy 2021! I hope this year is filled with many blessings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In spite of everything I think you did quite well. I wish a thorough recovery to your mom & daughter. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete