Tuesday, January 5, 2021

New year: new projects

I have been focusing more on what I want to accomplish so far for this year. 

UFOs

1)  I hope to work on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for the new year.  This is mostly to finish the one I started in 2017.  But I will have to find something for pink this month, because I only want crayola brights. 

                                                   


2)  Quilt my star challenge for Bea et Cecile's international challenge for last year.  I dearly love the quilt, but I want my quilting to be great for entering a competition. I worked so hard on the piecing. 

It is currently layered and quilted around all the lattice and borders. I just need a little more practice with quilting with rulers. 




3) Complete the scrap quilt:  currently I have 14 of the 25  blocks made.  




Recent projects started:  

Baby quilt for my nurse who stayed with us to work this fall. I just need to make birch trees for a background. 


Finish this winter miniquilt:




Corrine et Cecile Patchwork challenge:  This year the design element needed is curves.  And I have taken a deep dive for myself to attempt a New York Beauty.  

These are the border units I have made to begin the quilt in the past couple of days. My color choices are blacks, browns, small shirtings as backgrounds, reds, and golds.  I am so thrilled for this and know it is more of a duller older pallet, but that is my house and I plan to put it on a wall. 


Lastly, this is the quilt top that I need to get done for my daughter's birthday on January 19.  It is at the quilter, but I did not get the backing and batting until Christmas. 



And for a beautiful snow scene out the back of my house:
We have had 2 snowstorms in the past several days.  So pretty and oh, so peaceful. 















2 comments:

  1. I love those stars that you have laid out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrap quilt really caught my eye. You've got a full list of some wonderful, creative quilts for you this year. I hope you get all of them done.

    ReplyDelete