Friday, January 22, 2021

Hand stitching and quilting presents


I have been hand stitching slowly by the tv.   We have totally been loving the Downton Abbey series.  Where was I when they were on?  The humor just makes me laugh, and the issues are real. 

Anyway, here is some cross stitch on 16 count Aida that I painted with a combination of acrylic and textile medium in 2 colors.   It is  fairly small. And I even attempted a metallic thead in the middle. 



Perspective for size 

Here is the pattern I found online. 


And here it is up close.  I really like how it is turning out. 


Another couple of projects are for my daughter who had her birthday this week. 
I had a panel from Adornit that was free when they first started. (plus shipping and handling)
But it was a bright colorful panel.  I cut it into sections and reassembled it into a long pillow.


Lots of quilting to accentuate the tiny drawn lines and pom pom fringe added the the perimeter.



She liked it. 


We went out again to our favorite restaurant; only the 3rd time in the past year. 



And for my scrap quilt, I have mad an abundance of 3 inch 9 patches and half square triangles. 


All in all lots of stitching done. But also more teaching this week. It is the end of the semester this week. 

PS missing in action due to computer issues. Sorry.  


2 comments:

  1. I loved that series too and was sad to see it end - I couldn't decide who I liked more - the snotty servants or the oblivious family -- I must say they become more real to life gradually

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your projects! 9 patches are fun to make aren't they!

    ReplyDelete