Sunday, January 14, 2018

a BIG FINISH!

So excited. Oh, my Gosh!  I can tell you what February weekend I started this years ago;  I just can't tell you the year.  Several years later, it was take to retreat and the setting was planned. And then last summer I found all the lost pieces, and put it all together, in June even.  It was the sent out for specialty quilting and picked up in late July.  And it sat.

So new year, new goals, and a new FINISH.  y

It is about 0 outside, so no photos there. Plus our pretty snow melted.

Close up of the Dresden blocks made from some 80ish Thimbleberries fabrics I was going for as many as I could. It is a stash quilt except for the back. The pattern was an Edyta Sitar single pattern with two templates for the Dresden block. The pointy fingers were actually dimensional, but I didn't know how it would quilt, so I appliqued them down.


Here is the quilting in the bordering blocks:  ( going with a sunflower theme)



And here is some traditional feathering:



And lastly a back and front show.  The backing was an extra wide Kim Diehl.
You can't really see the quilting it is so busy.



I just need a label and rod pocket for entering out quilt show in March.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A gorgeous finish! So many hours of work in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I still love the Thimbleberries 80s fabrics. In fact, I'm having a hard time giving them up in my quilts. Just a lovely setting for the quilt. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess,I have actually been acquiring more of them online. I just love the rich colors. I am not a modern style girl. Oh, and I am a Nonnie, too.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I used to love Thimbleberries a bunch, still kinda do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful finish! The traditional fabrics are so pretty in their rich tones, the quilting is gorgeous, and its story of lost and found pieces tickles my fancy, as I keep hoping some much-loved lost pieces of my own will show up one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. Congratulations on getting it finished. You should take an award at your show in March.

    ReplyDelete