Monday, January 22, 2018

Applique and strips

I spent every evening this weekend and all the football games yesterday appliqueing these beauties.  . I started the 2nd set of borders during Thanksgiving weekend. I had completed all the vines and leaves and berries on these and only had the flowers to do: 12 flowers each with a center.  I now only  have 4 left to complete .
 Woot Woot!

 Then I need to attach them and connect the vines to the corners from the other set.  I am hoping to get this to the quilters this week. It is looking fantastic.

This is the quilt laid out without the borders attached and only the 2 short sides are have applique around them. It is a wonderful Kim Diehl pattern which I started last January as a sew along.  

Here are closeups of some applique sections. 

For my lovely 30s strips I now have a pile of 30 assembled lengths. Much better!  Now I can't work on it until I get more 30s which a friend has agreed to contribute.

1 comment:

  1. I made the inside of your Kim Diehl quilt for a silent auction a few years ago and loved it. I love your applique and might have to make it again with those borders. Your stitching is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete