Saturday, January 6, 2018

First finish of the year

I spent the evening last night under blankets, notice the plural.  My husband and I ate pizza and watched a movie.  No way was I going out in that cold again.  I had hoped to see my girls' basketball team play at home against a local team. ( They are state ranked again this year.)  

So I had sewn the binding on this table runner and it needed the hand sewing on the back.  It did take the duration of the movie. This was a panel that all I had to do was sew the 3 pieces together. Easy peasy. I did machine quilt it with a clear thread on the top. The back and binding are coordinating fabrics all from Patrick Lose which I purchased from Shabby Fabrics on sale. Love the bright vivid colors.

First Christmas present done for next year. Hooray!


Next up: Here are the 30s fabrics that I am cutting into strips one night last week. Underneath is my rotating cutting board. It has ball bearings that make it so easy to turn and a ledge to keep the cutting board on it. 


This is what I am going to do as a block of the month. Jo's Country Junction is having a BOM link up on Saturdays.  Here 

I am subdividing the different blocks into monthly projects and hope to get it done by midsummer to assemble and finish it then. I have wanted to have a Christmas quilt and have neglected doing it as I make projects for others, instead. 

I received the pattern booklet in the mail this week, but left it in my computer bag at work where I opened it. It is one of the latest Kansas Troubles's patterns. And of course, I have a bag of fabrics from her lines to pull from and hopefully not buy more fabric. I do think I will need a background, maybe. 
Gooseberry Sampler

3 comments:

  1. Wow! A Christmas gift made for next Christmas already! I'm impressed and your table runner is so cute. The pattern for the Christmas quilt is lovely. I love the wreath and rows of holly. Stay warm! Thank you for your comment on my blog. It's always nice to hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Christmas tablerunner for next year!! Keep warm and have fun with your 30s fabric project!

    ReplyDelete