Saturday, January 20, 2018

Christmas Row by row

I am a part of a row by row group in my guild  The part I like is that using someone else's ideas and fabrics makes you think outside your box.  It challenges you to try new techniques and pushes my creativity to find just the right idea and color combination for them.

This round  I have a relatively easy assignment.  Here is a photo taken from the internet to show more of what the quilt will be. There is a pattern names Felicity by Kate Spain online.
Christmas quilt tour - some gorgeous decorating ideas.
.  So I hope to finish this on the weekend.

Here is what I was given

:The fabrics are a bundle of Victoria Findley Wolfe's Christmas line. And 2 rows have already been assembled.


Here are the 2 blocks I have made:







Now I just need to put the row together.

The connecting "chains" were already made by the owner and creator.

We have been, cold, cold, cold this week hovering in the teens temperature wise. High of 25 yesterday for the whole week.  I just want to get home after work and an errand or two and sit under a blanket or even two.   Ugh.  So chilling to the bone.  I did not even want to do handwork.

The end of the semester is next week and some of the kids are just goofy. A short 4 day week of school coming up.  That means a day to SEW!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun twist on the round robin style of quilting! I like how everyone adds ornaments to the chains. Stay warm! (That's what quilts are for, right? :) )

    ReplyDelete