Friday, August 24, 2018

Mini country quilt


Love this little quilt.  Literally 24 inches squared.  A few days ago I showed some progress on the quilting.  And it needs a few touches to the quilting, but I am not going to sweat over it. 
I am glad to get another on the done list. Country flowers minimized!

So here is a close up of the border details.


And here is a close up of the wool applique and quilting.  Applique done by hand.  Quilting on my home sewing machine: some free motion and some with rulers.
Then I was looking for some fabric to throw a small quilt together for the 4 year old grandson for rest time at 4K for school.  And in the search, discovered a pile of red, white and blue quilt squares. These were from 2006, and I only know that because crazy bout quilts had a sticker stating that.  It was an exchange.  The labels from the various makers were from all over the US and even New Zealand. 

Seeing as I have enough projects at the moment, I am sending these to Kat and Cat quilts for her Covered in Love project.  You can read about it at the link.  For July and August, she has asked for red white and blue stars. 

So I hope they come in handy. 

3 comments:

  1. Love your little quilt!! Nice find on the blocks. I'm sure they will be very well received and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I liked your website and smile at the photo with your granddaughter. But I could not get your email to work.

      Delete
  2. Your mini quilt is adorable! The quilting in the border finishes it perfectly. Great find for Kat! Those are some great patriotic stars.

    ReplyDelete