Monday, August 20, 2018

Meadow mist mystery complete

Another finish! I am getting projects completed and am so glad. 

This is the Magnolia Mystery by Meadow Mist Designs.  I like her geometric patterns. Instead of one color, I used a different colors from a Layer Cake.  My background is a grunge dot. I ordered it as an extra wide back and ended up ordering far more than I needed. So you will see more of it.

Here is a close up of the center and a photo of the back and binding which are all the same. 

These photos don't show the beautiful blue color  but do show off the quilting pattern done by my long arm quilter. I really trust her judgement and she selected the pattern for me which so compliments the pattern in the fabric. 


And I had my grandboys for a few hours this weekend. We are counting down until school. My 4 year old starts kindergarten this year. A practice night happens already this week while the parents talk to the teacher.  But the first day of school is not until September 4 after Labor Day. I start back for inservice meetings next week. I have already been in to start planning and get ready for a different position.

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great. Love those Moda Grunge dots!! And I like that you varied the colors of the pattern. The quilting fits perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun quilt to look at! I love the movement the fabrics and quilting design give it. I'm a huge fan of the grunge fabric. Enjoy your last days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Magnolia Mystery quilt! It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete